Mary Ann from Mypenandme just left a lovely comment on my blog saying that she had nominated me for the ‘Tell me about yourself’ award. I’m rather stunned because I’m still very new to blogging in general and awards in particular. To me just logging into wordpress and seeing those bright orange numbers up there is an award in itself and I’d like to take this opportunity to thank every single person who has ever read anything I’ve ever written, or may write in the future! My special thanks though go to Mary Ann who has talents in the poetry department that I wish I had.
Now, according to the rules of these awards I have to write 7 things about myself that I haven’t revealed before and then I have to nominate 7 other bloggers for the same award. Oh and copy/paste the proudly displayed award into your own blogs! I hope you guys are paying attention because I know I messed up on the instructions when Daud [aka Lord David Prosser] nominated me for my very first award so try to get it right 😉
Ok, here we go. 7 things I haven’t yet revealed.
1. This is a biggie – I’m 59. That is just one year away from the big six-o when I officially leave the ranks of the late middle aged and become a baby oldie.
2. I’ve learned many things over the last 59 years but none of them has made me grow up, not properly. I can pretend to be dignified for about five minutes but after that I tend to revert to my true age which fluctuates between 10 and 35.
3. I used to ride motorbikes in my twenties and I still love them but I lost my nerve years ago. I blame my Kawasaki 400 which was so big I couldn’t put both feet on the ground at the same time, even on tippy toes.
4. I’m short – see 3 above.
5. When I was younger I used to wear 4″ heels to make me look 5’8″. Being short is hell!
6. I’m an absolute softie when it comes to kids and animals. I do however draw the line at spiders. Nothing with 8 legs need apply.
7. I don’t believe in god or in any religion but I do believe in goodness and I venerate life in all its forms. I justify my stance on roast chicken and spiders as hypocrisy with extenuating circumstances.
Phew, that was actually quite hard. Be warned my lovelies!
Now for the easy part – Seven bloggers I nominate for the ‘Tell me about yourself’ award :
– Jennifer Scoullar. Jennifer is another aussie but I’m nominating her because she can write like crazy.
– The Pink Agendist. Because this is a man with a big heart. And he can cook!
– Courtney Bluebird. Bluey is not an aussie but she could be 🙂 She is also teaching me about poetry and deserves a medal of valour for that.
– Maggie O. Maggie is funny and kind, she is also funny and loves animals. Oh and did I say she was funny? Well she is 🙂
– Alex Laybourne. Alex writes horror but it’s his understanding of human nature that is his greatest talent.
– Caressingthemuse. Stephanie is a whiz at marketing and shares her knowledge with great generosity. She also has a way with words that makes learning fun.
– Sable City. M. Edward McNally creates worlds I want to visit and has a sense of humour that hits all the right buttons with me.
I have dear friends I haven’t nominated this time around but Daud, Candy, Metan, SweetMother, I love you all!