Apologies! I’d love to send beta copies of the paperback overseas, but the postage is a killer so this plea is for Aussies only.
So what do I want and what do you get?
I’d like 5 volunteers, anywhere in Australia, who’d be prepared to test the KDP how-to for functionality. I’ll send you a questionnaire to make things easier, but essentially, the questions I’d like answered are:
- do the step-by-step instructions leave anything out that a real beginner would need?
- do the examples make sense?
- are the screenshots good enough?
- are the page numbers in the Table of Contents accurate?
- are the page numbers in the Index accurate?
- if dipping into a guide is your style, do the Table of Contents and Index help you find what you’re looking for? Quickly? Easily?
- is the cover too garish? Tone down the green? Pick another colour for the back cover entirely?
- and of course, typos, but only if they hit you in the face. Don’t worry about combing through each page.
In return, you get to keep the proof copies I send you. No strings, no obligations. However, if you return the questionnaire, I’ll also send you a ‘first edition’ of the final, finished version. If you want it signed, I’ll do that too, but you can have it naked if you prefer. Again, no strings, no obligations. 🙂
Almost as important are the things I won’t do:
- no using your email address in any newsletters, either now or in the future,
- no contacting you directly with any promotional stuff, and
- no pressuring you to write a review.
So there you have it. I’m hoping to have the proof copies ready within 2 weeks, so if you think you’d be interested, please contact me on:
meeka at triptychacf dot com
@acflory on Twitter.
Okay, the port-baked-pears in the pic above are from ‘How to eat well on $9.04’ , but the actual book is nowhere near ready yet. 😦
I have, however, started re-cooking the recipes and checking the quantities, and that’s why I need you guys. I won’t know how accurate my recipes are until some brave souls try them out – i.e. become my
guinea, I mean, my betatasters.
Ideally I’d like a mix of experienced and inexperienced cooks to test the recipes so if you’re brave enough to give it a go I’ll love you forever. 😀
If you’d like to become a betataster, please contact me via the Contact page [at the top of the screen]. I’ve changed the way my contact details are displayed so it should now be a lot easier to mail me.
If you don’t have the time to try one of my recipes, how about you send me a VERY simple recipe of your own for me to betataste? I can’t promise to publish every recipe sent to me, but I would like to give readers some quick and easy alternatives to try. Oh and the recipes must be cheap as well!
Third Party Recipes published in my book remain the property of whoever donated them, and the owner will be credited for the recipe by name and/or blog or however they prefer.
No money will change hands because I have absolutely no idea how to do something like that [assuming there is any money], but perhaps between all of us we can raise food awareness all over the world!
-cough- Okay, a bit grandiose, but a girl can dream can’t she?
-happy Sunday hugs-
It never rains, but it pours… right? Yesterday I gave you Gackt in all his glory, and I’m sure some of you must have wondered what had gotten into me. Go on, admit it. Well, it’s still not safe to go back into the water because today, I’m really letting Meeka loose with this trailer from the Otherland mmo. You can find my post here if you’re so inclined.
The trailer is from the beta, [short for beta testing before launch], so technically the game is still in the fine tuning stage, but the graphics look incredible, the character avatars look kick-ass, and I’m itching to play!
Be warned – the music is loud. 🙂