Apologies! I’d love to send beta copies of the paperback overseas, but the postage is a killer so this plea is for Aussies only.
So what do I want and what do you get?
I’d like 5 volunteers, anywhere in Australia, who’d be prepared to test the KDP how-to for functionality. I’ll send you a questionnaire to make things easier, but essentially, the questions I’d like answered are:
- do the step-by-step instructions leave anything out that a real beginner would need?
- do the examples make sense?
- are the screenshots good enough?
- are the page numbers in the Table of Contents accurate?
- are the page numbers in the Index accurate?
- if dipping into a guide is your style, do the Table of Contents and Index help you find what you’re looking for? Quickly? Easily?
- is the cover too garish? Tone down the green? Pick another colour for the back cover entirely?
- and of course, typos, but only if they hit you in the face. Don’t worry about combing through each page.
In return, you get to keep the proof copies I send you. No strings, no obligations. However, if you return the questionnaire, I’ll also send you a ‘first edition’ of the final, finished version. If you want it signed, I’ll do that too, but you can have it naked if you prefer. Again, no strings, no obligations. 🙂
Almost as important are the things I won’t do:
- no using your email address in any newsletters, either now or in the future,
- no contacting you directly with any promotional stuff, and
- no pressuring you to write a review.
So there you have it. I’m hoping to have the proof copies ready within 2 weeks, so if you think you’d be interested, please contact me on:
meeka at triptychacf dot com
@acflory on Twitter.